Kotagiri, Nilgiris Real Estate - Properties for Sale & Rent, Updates, News & Reviews
Expert Reviews on Kotagiri
Kotagiri is one of the three major hill stations in the Nilgiris, popularly known as the blue mountains. It was preferred for its weather, considered second only to Switzerland, by the Europeans, and people from all parts of India.
It is about 30 kms from Ooty and 24 kms from Coonoor. Kotagiri ranks third among the major towns of the Nilgiris. It has various tourist attractions such as the Nehru Park, Pandiaraj Memorial Park, Catherine water falls, Longwood reserve forest, Kodanad view point and many more options for trekking, sight seeing, restaurant, shopping centers and hotel stays.
Kotagiri is a prime choice in terms of school education for many in and India and abroad. It is known for famous residential and day scholar schools such as Kotagiri Public school, Jude's Public school, Pandiaraj Matriculation school, Riverside Public school, International Community school, The Home School, and many more that cannot be named here due to the space constraints.
It is also one of the most preferred retreat centers of the Catholic institutions and the clergy. The weather attracts people from all over the nation as it is popularly called the second Switzerland. The agricultural produce from this hill town are Tea, cabbage, carrots, beetroot, Broccoli, lettuce along with fruits such as Pears, plums, pears, custard apples, guavas, oranges, etc.
Kotagiri is preferred for pollution free, quite, scenic beauty and the large numbers of wild animals and birds watching experience. The air, water and pollution free atmosphere is a great gift to the hill town, while it is also well connected by road and rails to almost any place in Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, and Kerala. It is located at the juncture of the three state.
The original people of the hill town ar the Kotas and hence the name derived as Kotagiri. Although the Dodas, Irulas, Kurumbas are among the other natives of the land today the Badaga people dominate the hill towns of Ooty, Coonoor and Kotagiri.
- Unpolluted clean air, water and atmosphere.
- Well connected to the buzzing cities of Coimbatore, Bangalore and Cochin.
- Great weather conditions preferred by everyone.
- No airports yet
- Limited permission for building constructions and approvals to maintain the eco system.
- Transport delays due to land slides and road blocks during bad weather conditions.
Kotagiri is such a beautiful place in high altitude with less populated and pollution free too.
- Pollution free
- Less populated
- Mother nature
- Wild animals
Have a good knowledge of
Kotagiri? Share it and become a Locality expert.
|Write a review of Kotagiri|
|Please try to write your review from a neutral point of view.|
Enter some positive aspects of Kotagiri
Enter some negative aspects of Kotagiri
Kotagiri, Nilgiris News
A people’s project in Kotagiri to restore native flora- The Government High School in Milidhane near Kotagiri, has initiated a community-driven programme ... The initiative was launched by District Forest Officer of Nilgiris Division D. Guruswamy recently. more
Ooty Race Course may change track to Kotagiri- The Nilgiris District Collector J Innocent Divya has identified 52 acres in Neduguda village in Kotagiri for the club. The Madras Race Club has agreed to survey the land and give its approval. more
Villagers oppose Kotagiri site- Ooty: The decision taken by the Nilgiris administration to provide an alternate site at Kadaikambatti village limits in Kotagiri, 50 km from this hill town, for the relocation of the Ooty race course ... more
Kotagiri villagers stop inspection team, say no to race course- I shall submit a report to the Nilgiris collector,” he said ... did not go to a place like an old 18-hole golf course in Kotagiri which had been given on lease to a private party a few decades ... more
Uncertainty over location of Ooty race course in Tamil Nadu?- CHENNAI: Uncertainty looms large over location of Ooty race course, as two places were shown to the inspection team of Nilgiris district administration and the Madras Race Club (MRC), one at ... more
Anandan’s day gecko adds to biodiversity of the Western Ghats- Nitesh, Shruti Sengupta and P. Deepak, described their finding of the gecko in the areas surrounding a forest in Kotagiri, Nilgiris. Mr. Nitesh told The Hindu that the Nilgiris district itself was ... more
Move to shift Ooty race course to Kotagiri suffers setback- Villagers block the vehicles of the inspection team in Kotagiri on Sunday Dharmalingam Venugopal, honorary director of the The Nilgiris Documentation Centre, who also accompanied the team ... more
Doddabetta waits for road reopening to bring in tourists- Tourists to the Nilgiris are disappointed as the re-laid Doddabetta road ... A stretch of the road, about three kilometres long, from Kotagiri towards Doddabetta, which falls under the jurisdiction of ... more
52 acres of land identified as alternate site for Ooty MRC- Innocent Divya, the Nilgiris District Collector stated this in her report ... 21.17.0 Hectares (i.e.,) 52 acres of land in Survey No.875/2 at Nedugula-II village in Kotagiri Taluk has been identified ... more
cabrentalmysore/Ooty Tourism info- Nilgiris is named as “Blue Mountains”.The ... John Sullivan already started flower and vegetable patch at his Dimbhatti cottage (Kotagiri). conjointly he had began at Stone House of Ooty ... more
The Indian hill station makes for the perfect heritage trail- Details of the Nilgiri Mountain Railway and its unique features are also ... which is about 30km from Ooty and just 2km from Kotagiri town. The building has a characteristic brick-red facade and has ... more
Price Trends in Kotagiri, Nilgiris
Farm Houses for sale in Kotagiri, Nilgiris
Residential Plots / Lands for sale in Kotagiri, Nilgiris
Projects in Kotagiri
Properties for Sale in Kotagiri
- 9 Cents Independent House @ Rs.888889/Cent
- ID: P53515437 — Posted: by Sweetlyn Davidson
- This villa type house is located in a place which is having a best climate in the world. This climate is a second best in Asia. House is surrounded with lush green tea bushes and very good scenary which could be enjoyed daily. This house is having seven rooms including kitchen. There are ... more details
- 32 Cents Residential Plot @ Rs.75000/Cent
- ID: P495481213 — Posted: by Jayaraj Poojari
- Residential land/plot for sale in Kotagiri
- 32 cents land just 5 mins drive from Riverside Public School, with abundant water resource located within mountains amidst sylvan surroundings for sale in Kotagiri. Property dimensions are 78 ft x 170 ft. Located on the main road from Kotagiri to Beragani. This land has 78 feet road ... more details
- 15 Cents Farm House @ Rs.300000/Cent
- ID: P33184136 — Posted: by Rajamanickam Sekar
- Sangamam royal crown phase 2
- I'm Sekar here. We are much delighted to present you the most awaited project The ROYAL CROWN - SANGAMAM (Individual Cottages with Club House). Its a Farm House project on the Tea beds at Nedugula Kotagiri, Nilgiris. After the successful completion of Phase l at Ellada, Kotagiri we ... more details
- 6150 SqFeet Independent House
- ID: P52353420 — Posted: by Vijay kumar kumar
- A Gated Community Project at Kotagiri
- Royal Crown Farm Lands- II : After completing a Successful Royal Crown Farm House Project at Kotagii, We are much delighted to present you the most awaited project the ROYAL CROWN FARM LANDS II at Kotagiri,The Nilgiris First Project in India with Five Culture (Tamil Nadu,Kerala,Andra,... more details