Kotagiri, Nilgiris Real Estate - Properties for Sale & Rent, Updates, News & Reviews
- Pincode: 643101
- Property Types: Independent Houses, Guest Houses, Residential Plots / Lands, Farm Houses
- Nearby Localities:
Expert Reviews on Kotagiri
Kotagiri is one of the three major hill stations in the Nilgiris, popularly known as the blue mountains. It was preferred for its weather, considered second only to Switzerland, by the Europeans, and people from all parts of India.
It is about 30 kms from Ooty and 24 kms from Coonoor. Kotagiri ranks third among the major towns of the Nilgiris. It has various tourist attractions such as the Nehru Park, Pandiaraj Memorial Park, Catherine water falls, Longwood reserve forest, Kodanad view point and many more options for trekking, sight seeing, restaurant, shopping centers and hotel stays.
Kotagiri is a prime choice in terms of school education for many in and India and abroad. It is known for famous residential and day scholar schools such as Kotagiri Public school, Jude's Public school, Pandiaraj Matriculation school, Riverside Public school, International Community school, The Home School, and many more that cannot be named here due to the space constraints.
It is also one of the most preferred retreat centers of the Catholic institutions and the clergy. The weather attracts people from all over the nation as it is popularly called the second Switzerland. The agricultural produce from this hill town are Tea, cabbage, carrots, beetroot, Broccoli, lettuce along with fruits such as Pears, plums, pears, custard apples, guavas, oranges, etc.
Kotagiri is preferred for pollution free, quite, scenic beauty and the large numbers of wild animals and birds watching experience. The air, water and pollution free atmosphere is a great gift to the hill town, while it is also well connected by road and rails to almost any place in Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, and Kerala. It is located at the juncture of the three state.
The original people of the hill town ar the Kotas and hence the name derived as Kotagiri. Although the Dodas, Irulas, Kurumbas are among the other natives of the land today the Badaga people dominate the hill towns of Ooty, Coonoor and Kotagiri.
- Unpolluted clean air, water and atmosphere.
- Well connected to the buzzing cities of Coimbatore, Bangalore and Cochin.
- Great weather conditions preferred by everyone.
- No airports yet
- Limited permission for building constructions and approvals to maintain the eco system.
- Transport delays due to land slides and road blocks during bad weather conditions.
Kotagiri is such a beautiful place in high altitude with less populated and pollution free too.
- Pollution free
- Less populated
- Mother nature
- Wild animals
Have a good knowledge of
Kotagiri? Share it and become a Locality expert.
|Write a review of Kotagiri|
|Please try to write your review from a neutral point of view.|
Enter some positive aspects of Kotagiri
Enter some negative aspects of Kotagiri
Kotagiri, Nilgiris News
Public appeal against proposed hydroelectric project in Nilgiris- Around 400 conservationists, scientists, people’s groups, members of Non-Governmental Organizations and the public have together signed an appeal to the government to scrap the proposed Sillahalla pum ... more
Lockdown rules obeyed in the Nilgiris- The last lockdown for the month in the Nilgiris was ,on Sunday, as successfully imposed as the earlier ones,with people from all walks of live extending their total cooperation. While the people ... more
Sloth bear scare in Kotagiri- Udhagamandalam: Residents of Jakkanarai and Aravenu villages near Kotagiri in the Nilgiris want the forest department to keep sloth bears away from the villages. Jakkanarai residents had spotted ... more
Ooty’s famous boarding schools now turn quarantine centres- The sprawling campuses, with facilities meant for hundreds of students, are empty during lockdown and accommodate asymptomatic patients undergoing quarantine ... more
Power shutdown in Kotagiri- Owing to the proposed maintenance works at Kotagiri Kattabettu, Kerhaadamattam and Honnatty sub stations there will be no power supply between 10 a.m. and 5 .00 p.m. on July 7 at the following places, ... more
Price Trends in Kotagiri, Nilgiris
Independent Houses for sale in Kotagiri, Nilgiris
Guest Houses for sale in Kotagiri, Nilgiris
Residential Plots / Lands for sale in Kotagiri, Nilgiris
Farm Houses for sale in Kotagiri, Nilgiris
Projects in Kotagiri
Properties for Sale in Kotagiri
- 32 Cents Residential Plot @ Rs.75000/Cent
- ID: P495481213 — Posted: by Jayaraj Poojari
- Residential land/plot for sale in Kotagiri
- 32 cents land just 5 mins drive from Riverside Public School, with abundant water resource located within mountains amidst sylvan surroundings for sale in Kotagiri. Property dimensions are 78 ft x 170 ft. Located on the main road from Kotagiri to Beragani. This land has 78 feet road ... more details
- 11000 SqFeet Independent House
- ID: P62200628 — Posted: by Vija Kumar
- Hermitage Banagudi Kotagiri. Ooty
- Attempts to bring residents closer to the pristine environs of the hulical tea gardens exclusive gated layout amidst rolling tea estates. The mulberry hill, hulical blends contemporary design with the areas ecology. Rolling hills, valley views, indigenous plants, clean air and streams of... more details
- 22.81 Cents Residential Plot @ Rs.219202/Cent
- ID: P90351221 — Posted: by Tharani Tharan
- Residential land in Kotagiri
- 22 cents of vacant land with a lovely view overlooking a beautiful tea valley and vegetable gardens ideal for a holiday home. Spring water at source. We can construct for you too. more details