Coonoor, Nilgiris Real Estate - Properties for Sale & Rent, Updates, News & Reviews
Expert Reviews on Coonoor
Coonoor is a beautiful resort, hill station in South India, 65 km from Coimbatore, airport city. 18km from Ootacamund, the Queen of hill stations in India. Beautiful views, wildlife, forests, tea estates. A return to nature, clean air, water, no pollution. Feel energised, go for long walks, breathe fresh clean air. Friendly, honest local people, conversant in Hindi, English and Tamil. A leftover British Town with very English homes, street names, cottages etc.
- Close to a large city with rail, air connections.
- Top rate schools and colleges
- Nil pollution and pollutants in water,air
- Very few.
Coonoor has European weather, good environment, peaceful life, pollution free and nice to live.
- Good environment
- No airport
Coonoor is a picturesque hill station with temperate/mild climate throughout the year. It's famous for its tea estates, beautiful houses and home made chocolates.
- Clean mountain air
- Blue mountains
- Colonial houses
- Limited social life
- No big hospitals
It is near Ooty. Weather is much better than Ooty in winter, not so cold, all the facilities for decent and peaceful living are there.
- tea in plenty
- good road
- low cost
- luxury hotels not found
- medical facilities are minimum
- employment chances less
Coonoor with its sublime and serene climate is truly reminiscent of the English countryside. Its fresh green landscape, stunning scenery and climate makes it a great place to retire or holiday at if you want to de-stress.
The milder than the climate makes it more conducive for out door activities as well as gardening and other outdoor hobbies.
- Milder than ooty
- Expensive to invest
Have a good knowledge of
Coonoor? Share it and become a Locality expert.
|Write a review of Coonoor|
|Please try to write your review from a neutral point of view.|
Enter some positive aspects of Coonoor
Enter some negative aspects of Coonoor
Coonoor, Nilgiris News
Take note of this- Collecting, observing and studying them became Razack’s hobby. And in 1971 during his holidays to Coonoor in Nilgiris he saw his cousin, Sadiq Haroon with more such Indian Banknotes at his oak writing ... more
Indcoserve launches initiatives to ensure quality tea and assist small tea growers- In a press release, Supriya Sahu, Managing Director of Indcoserve, said that this was important to “motivate and inspire” small tea growers to work with Indcoserve to improve the quality of tea ... more
Members of Muslim organisations in Coimbatore protest Chennai lathi charge- Nearly 400 activists raised slogans and staged protest condemning the police action. A similar demonstration was held in Coonoor in the Nilgiris district where they announced to intensify the ... more
TN Muslim organisations protest police lathicharge in Chennai- Anti-CAA protest turns violent in Chennai, four cops hurt A similar demonstration was held in Coonoor in the Nilgiris district where they announced to intensify the agitation, they said. Meanwhile, ... more
Muslim organisations protest lathicharge in Chennai- A similar demonstration was held in Coonoor in the Nilgiris district where they announced to intensify the agitation, they said. Meanwhile, over 700 members, including women, belonging to various ... more
Tea production in the Nilgiris in Jan up 3.57 per cent- Tea industry in The Nilgiris, the largest tea growing district in South ... Sporadic rainfall and warmth helped the crop to increase in all agro climatic zones except Coonoor where too much rainy days ... more
Speeding vehicles in Nilgiris spell doom for leopard cats- The data available with The Nilgiris Forest Department show that Leopard Cat is one wild animal ... Recently, on February 2, a leopard cat was found dead on Coonoor-Ooty Highway. Sources state that ... more
Nilgiri leopards on brink of extinction- A little bit of attention and kindness could have saved the lives of the dead animal,” said Menon. He said the Coonoor Range in the Nilgiris Forest Division is a major habitat of the leopard cats. more
9 Nearby Getaways One Must Explore When You Visit or Stay In Chennai- However, the Nilgiri Mountain Railway (NMR) one of the oldest mountain railways in India, operates from Coonoor and travelling in which is an opportunity of a lifetime. The NaharNilgiris Hotel, United ... more
Nilgiri heritage train gets brand new coaches with better facilities- Beautiful songs would be played through these speakers to entertain the passengers. The new coaches don the shade of blue which reflect the soul of the Nilgiris. The six among the 8 coaches brought ... more
These 8 Vacation Spots From Bengaluru Won’t Burn a Hole in Your Pocket- It is considered to be one of the three best hill stations of the state along with Ooty and Coonoor. A visit to the Catherine Falls and Elk Falls is a must when in Kotagiri. It is located at a height ... more
Nilgiri Mountain Railway- The Nilgiri Mountain Railway is 46 kilometers (28.5 miles) long. It passes through many tunnels, and over hundreds of bridges (about 30 of them are large ones). The railway is particularly picturesque ... more
Price Trends in Coonoor, Nilgiris
Independent Houses for sale in Coonoor, Nilgiris
Residential Plots / Lands for sale in Coonoor, Nilgiris
Projects in Coonoor
Properties for Sale in Coonoor
- 1050 SqFeet Independent House @ Rs.5238/SqFeet
- ID: P63180413 — Posted: by Vija Kumar
- 2BHK House/Villa in Coonoor, Ooty
- Attempts to bring residents closer to the pristine environs of the hulical tea gardens exclusive gated layout amidst rolling tea estates. The mulberry hill, hulical blends contemporary design with the areas ecology. Rolling hills, valley views, indigenous plants, clean air and streams of ... more details
- 22 Cents Residential Plot
- ID: P52715481 — Posted: by Vija Kumar
- 2BHK House/Villa in Coonoor
- Attempts To Bring Residents Closer To The Pristine Environs Of The Hulical Tea Gardens Exclusive Gated Layout Amidst Rolling Tea Estates. The Mulberry Hill, Hulical Blends Contemporary Design With The Areas Ecology. Rolling Hills, Valley Views, Indigenous Plants, Clean Air And Streams Of ... more details
- 3000 SqFeet Independent House @ Rs.4333/SqFeet
- ID: P71582671 — Posted: by Radhakrishnan
- Ready to move House/Villa in Residency Apartment
- In coonoor brookland area 2 floor house for sale each floor two bedrooms available price 13.5cr only more details
- 103 Cents Residential Plot @ Rs.29126/Cent
- ID: P86358351 — Posted: by Rajendrakumar Panicker
- Land in Boopathy Ketti Homes
- This property is in a gated community with nris property around with ample security. This place is surrounded by churches temples convent schools and colleges. more details